Network Design Engineer
In order to extend our services at our business partner, we are looking for experienced, reliable Network Design Engineer applicants. Candidates will work in a global team that delivers high quality network designs and provides technical consultancy for large multinational customers and business partners.
- Prepare and deliver high quality (standard or custom) network designs (e.g.: HLD, MLD, LLD) and/or customer solutions according to the project scope and schedule, within budget. Regularly maintain overall solution documents as required. Regularly maintain overall solution documents as required.
- Define and agree the project scope, estimate the time, budget and resources required to support the deliverable.
- Collaboratively work with other designers, engineers to resolve design and implementation issues.
- Provide technical consultancy for large multinational customers and business partners.
- Work together and technically coordinate or supervise a global team of network designers.
- May lead a matrix (virtual) team of technical experts to deliver network design solutions and providing technical guidance to a larger matrix team.
- Be responsible for end-to-end technical solution.
- Act as a technical ambassador for the company.
- Analytical thinking and designer mindset
- Industry accreditation (e.g.: Cisco) at professional/expert level in ICT with special focus on Service provider or Enterprise networking or equivalent experience (WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi).
- Ability to interpret Customer needs, assess the full requirements, identify solutions to standard and non-standard requirements.
- Experience on pre-sales activities.
- Experience in creating high quality technical designs, Customer facing proposals and detailed cost models.
- Good commercial acumen and knowledge of commercial & financial processes.
- Experience in leading virtual teams in a global environment.
- Planning and implementations across a wider range of ICT Infrastructure elements (Security, WAN optimization, Load Balancing etc.) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of MPLS, MPLS VPN solutions (both L2 & L3).
- In depth knowledge of LAN technologies, such as stack, VSS, VPC, Nexus technologies
- In depth technologies of WLAN in Enterprise networks, such as WLC, anchor, BYOD, FlexConnect
- Thorough knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol Suite, VLSM, IP address allocation and RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing protocols, Multicast protocols like PIM, SSM & IGRP
- Quality of Service for both LAN & WAN environments
- Technical competency should cover components such as routers, switches, routing protocols, multicast, QOS, network management platforms etc. This is not an exhaustive list but is intended to demonstrate the complexity and range of components that make up our network service Portfolio.
- Skills with diagnostic tools including ability to interpret and analyze output from network management systems, router and switch diagnostics
- English at least on B2 level
Nice to have
- Any European language on a conversational level is an advantage
What we offer
- We offer you network related trainings and ability to get the official certificates (e.g.: Cisco).
- Lab environment to test and pilot new ideas and exposure to the latest emerging technologies (SDN, NfV & SD-WAN (Viptela, Nokia Nuage, Meraki))
- Be part of a highly skilled team with extensive knowledge in the industry and opportunities for a global carrier path
- Opportunity to work for large companies with hundreds of sites across the Globe.
- Home office is available in this role depending on further agreement
- Feedback about your performance and update your career/development plans on a regular basis
Planned starting time and job location
Home office/ Budapest
About our partner
Our partner is a large global company with nearly 2500 employees. For more than 14 years, they offer a number of network-based products and solutions across the globe for the global enterprise sector and large companies. These are based on interconnected global and domestic infrastructures. Their solutions are available in more than 170 counties.