Network WAN Engineer/Architect
Our multinational client is going to split into more independent, separately-run companies (all remain among Fortune 500) in the next few years. This requires the transformation of the whole global IT network. To the execution of this project, we are looking for experienced WAN Network Engineers and Architects.
The role is responsible for the network segmentation of each division which allows the segregation of the IT systems and solutions.
- Take part in the network transformation project according to the company’s network segmentation strategy
- Take part in the design and implementation of the new backbone (design – according to the company standards, implementation – along the change management processes)
- Take part in the network segmentation actively
- Support the segregation of the IT systems from network side
- Decommission of the unused and already replaced systems and solutions
- Participate in the daily network operation
Network WAN Engineer
- Demonstrated hands-on Experience with various WAN deployments, routing, BGP, switching, segmentation/VRF management
- Cisco SD WAN experience, deployment, orchestration, VManage, automation
- Experience with Cisco Meraki and Catalyst portfolio
- Experience automating SDN/NFV/NFVI Infrastructure is desired.
- IP fundamentals (IP sub-netting, SNMP, MIB, Syslog)
- Good understanding of L2 switching and L3 forwarding and routing protocols
- Functional knowledge of AWS and Azure is a plus
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages, Python preferred is desired
Nice to have:
- Experience using an automated configuration management system (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Knowledge of the SDN/NFV space is plus
Network WAN Architect
- Experience in architecting and designing Large Enterprise grade IP/MPLS Network solutions.
- Proven design deployment and configuration experience with Cisco technologies
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with BGP, OSPF, Segment Routing, MP-BGP-VPNs, VLL, VPLS, VxLAN based services.
- Experience should include CPE configuration, service provisioning and activation.
- Experience in utilizing network management tools and network diagnostic tools to help with network tuning and packet analysis.
- Functional knowledge of Amazon Web Services and Azure
- Advanced knowledge of one or more scripting languages, Python preferred
Nice to have:
- Experience automating SDN/NFV/NFVI Infrastructure is a big plus
- Experience with various development frameworks/technologies such as: Ansible/Ansible Tower, Java, Python, & Restful API
What we offer
- An international, dynamic environment
- Continuous learning & development opportunity
- Inspiring benefit package
- Team building programs
- Flexible working hours, home office
Planned starting time and job location
Home office / Budapest XIII.
We are a mid-sized company based in Budapest, interested in IT outsourcing services, active in many European countries.
We are on a number of platforms in the IT market, in addition to our core activities as hardware and software development, information security consulting and auditing, we deal with the IT operations of smaller companies and we also carry out educational activities in higher education institutions.
Where could you meet us?
Piac&Profit ● Pannon Egyetem ● Óbudai Egyetem ● Hétpecsét Egyesület ● IIP – Magyarország legkiválóbb vállalatai ● Variációk1témára ● ISACA Budapest Chapter ● Metropolitan Egyetem ● Tímár László esettanulmányi verseny ● Hungarian Service and Outsourcing Association tagság ● AmCham